The Age of Agility is upon us. Those not recognizing this reality are at great risk of “accelerated obsolescence”. We call this The Agile Imperative and it also defines the approach we take in helping our clients develop and build capability with their leaders, teams and overall organizations. It begins with the adoption of a core belief system followed by a progressive process building clarity, speed and adaptability as an on-going competitive advantage.
AGILITY CORE BELIEF SYSTEM™
- The world will continue to move faster and get more volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) in the future – a lot more.
- Agility is not just something good to do. It is an imperative for survival and a competitive advantage opportunity in a VUCA world.
- Your people are the highest priority. They are the basis of your adaptability and the key to customer satisfaction. Providing them the opportunity to grow and develop is paramount.
- The members of your organization must all share a mindset of commitment to being focused, fast, and flexible, fueled by achieving excellence in the five drivers of The Agile Model®.
- The agile culture elements are vital to success: caring, connecting, challenging, curious, and creating.
- The operating principles that help shape organizational agility include simplicity, speed, synchronicity, fluidity, modularity, and scalability.
|Mobilize & Engage
|Envision the Future
|Plan & Deploy
|Pivot & Iterate
|Sustain & Refresh
The Era of “Turbo Turbulence”
The 21st century is bringing about a frenzy of innovation driven by the digital revolution, rapidly expanding interconnectivity, and intensifying global markets with radically evolving consumer expectations and dynamics. While this is a positive, it has created an environment of accelerated turbulence or “turbo turbulence” that organizations simply cannot ignore.
- Volatility is present on an almost constant basis, fueled by the growth of global connectivity, interdependence, and divisive parochial agendas.
- Uncertainty erodes our sense of control, making it much harder to control costs, quality, variances, employee attendance, productivity – the list goes on.
- Complexity makes cause and effect unclear, challenges more difficult to define and creates intricacies surrounding key decision factors on account of larger institutions, hyper technology, cultural nuances, mega generations etc.
- Ambiguity clouds our vision, making it difficult to gain true meaning. Right or wrong, good or bad, nothing is clear and concise.
The Agile Model®: A Holistic Approach
There are many dimensions of Agility within organizations – individual agility, leadership agility, team agility, strategic agility, process agility, project management agility and functional agility (e.g., sales agility, supply chain agility, human resources agility, etc.) to name only a few. The Agile Imperative is real – and The Agile Model® will help you address all of these factors, while giving you the tools you need to integrate your efforts and drawing on the expertise of others to help. Guide your organization successfully through this VUCA world and spend less time worrying about your business and more time growing it.